- 1 What is the EDUCATOR Plus® Large Format Printer?
- 2 New Canon 36″ Large Format Printer Inkjet Technology
- 3 EDUCATOR Plus® Versatile School Tool
- 4 Premier Training and Staff Development Program
- 5 Printer Size Matters
- 6 New Technology for Today’s Classrooms
- 7 Integrating Teaching Tools
- 8 Other Core Classroom Visuals
- 9 Communicating Outside the Classroom
- 10 Maintenance Free, Economical Operations
- 11 Pricing and Funding Sources
- 12 Top Five Reasons to Invest with Tonas Graphics
- 13 Choosing the Right Vendor
- 14 Beware of Unnecessary Add-Ons
- 15 Compare Printer Pricing
- 16 Check Costs for Ink and Media Consumables
- 17 Online Dealers
- 18 Scan- to-Print Poster Makers
- 19 Outdated Poster Maker Technology
- 20 EDUCATOR Plus® from Tonas Graphics, Your Best Choice
Visual System & Tonas Graphics
What is the EDUCATOR Plus® Large Format Printer?
EDUCATOR Plus® is a new Canon iPF780 Large format Printer that is integrated with Tonas Graphics product enhancements to produce high quality, low cost -full color posters, banners, classroom visual aids and school wide communications. It works just like any desktop document printer so it’s easy to use and can produce a color poster in about 1 minute. Now Teachers and staff can produce large colorful custom posters and charts directly from their own computer lesson plans or design and print new customized visuals using the included Tonas Graphics PASS pre-designed templates. With EDUCATOR Plus® you can also print posters instantly from your scanner or print posters from pictures imported from a digital camera, thumb drive, CD or DVD. You can even print posters and banners directly from internet websites or send an email from home to print. Virtually any school project from any source can be printed into a full range of sizes and finishes with amazing full color quality to enhance visual learning in classrooms and school wide communications.
New Canon 36″ Large Format Printer Inkjet Technology
Tonas Graphics incorporates the award winning Canon iPF780, 36″ large format printer as the engine of its EDUCATOR Plus® package. Canon 36″large format printers get the highest ratings for print quality, printing speed, ease of use and have lower operating costs then their competition, HP and Epson models in the same price class. The 36″ printer produces a full range of output sizes from small, medium to large posters & banners that are suitable for use throughout any school. New built- in features include: space saver design and a flat stacker poster basket, accounting manager to track ink and paper costs, interface lock system to password protect the printer and the ImageRunner scan to print feature lets you create posters from hard copy documents instantly with the touch of a button on your scanner. The enhanced printer driver also allows printing directly from your own Mac or PC computer content and popular programs such as Microsoft Word, Print Artist, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint , and more.
EDUCATOR Plus® Versatile School Tool
EDUCATOR Plus® is not just a Canon large format printer or school poster maker. It is new instructional technology that gives educators the ability to produce posters, charts and banners directly from their own computer content or design and print new posters & banners from pre-formatted templates that are specifically designed for use in schools. By enhancing the Canon 36″ printer with school specific applications, Tonas Graphics created the EDUCATOR Plus® School Package.
This starts by including the Canon IPF780 , 36″ Large Format Printer with everything that comes in the box from the manufacturer, then add Canon premium Poster Artist template software with Tonas Graphics pre-designed PASS, school tools templates. All PASS templates are editable like Word templates and can be easily personalized with your own text, pictures, colors etc. The EDUCATOR Plus® package includes 500+ professionally designed templates that can all be customized, saved and added to your own personal template collection. PASS Templates are categorized in 9 core application libraries for; visual learning, administrative communications, student recognition, activities and events, banners and fundraising, cutouts, stickers and awards for classroom and school wide visuals. A simple 4 step design and print function allows anyone to quickly browse PASS template examples to select a desired layout, select your size, edit and print.
Next, EDUCATOR Plus® supplies are the most economical in the industry. Ink supplies and an assortment of print media pre-selected for schools is always on sale at everyday school discounts. There is also a choice of three start up Supply Kits that are pre-packaged to contain everything you need and one will surely fit your budget. Supply kits are especially popular for new customers who want to order the correct necessary supplies for their training & inventory needs. EDUCATOR Plus® PASS templates are matched together with the correct print media for ease- of -use and optimized results. Teachers and staff can use PASS templates with matched media to produce effective visuals quickly and efficiently with professional results every time.
The EDUCATOR Plus® is the only Large Format Printer designed specifically for schools that includes the added software & variety of pre-formatted templates to perform the capabilities of five machines, a Poster Maker, Banner Printer, Cutout Maker, Awards Maker & Sticker Maker.
Premier Training and Staff Development Program
To ensure immediate implementation for all new school customers across the country Tonas Graphics has an online personally- guided training program that is second to none. The certified training program includes a training coach to initiate and provide personalized guidance throughout a step by step video training program. Having website tools and a personal coach, each new school trainee becomes an expert quickly through performing “hands- on” poster and banner lessons. All trainees are taught both direct printing and PASS template designs printing modes that will ensure all 6 core school printing applications are implemented. A certification of achievement plaque is awarded to all school trainees who successfully complete the course.
To facilitate expanded staff training and ongoing staff development the video & lesson materials remain available online and can be accessed from anywhere at any time by customers. All customers also receive a free lifetime membership of personalized phone support by our “training coach” that is available during normal office hours, Monday-Friday.
Tonas Graphics customers are located all across the country to include large school systems such as New York City and Los Angeles Unified School District and hundreds of medium and small school districts in between. Ask us for a referral school in your area.
EDUCATOR Plus® package includes the Canon iPF 780, 36″ full color large format printer with everything that is included in the manufacturer’s box; plus a 36 ” x 100 ‘ roll of paper supply, Canon premium full version Poster Artist Software, Tonas Graphics proprietary PASS school templates, a personally guided, on-line certified training program with lifetime phone support and a one year, on-site- nationwide Canon warranty.
Printer Size Matters
The 36 ” wide printer offers versatility for school wide use with the user friendliness that schools need. The 36″ wide EDUCATOR Plus® printer has the versatility to print in small, medium and large formats for effective visuals on all school projects. The EDUCATOR Plus® compact space saver design will use just a little more floor space than a 24″ wide printer but delivers powerful 36 inch wide Large Format Printer benefits to your school. This means the EDUCATOR Plus® large format printer will pick up where your document printer leaves off with a full range of standard sizes from small 18″ x24″ displays to standard 24″x36″ posters and large 36″x48″ posters & banners. This sizing gives you full coverage for all your school visuals with less materials needed and little to no waste. When choosing your large format printer keep in mind that a 24″wide printer can produce visuals up to a maximum size of 24″ x 36″ that is adequate for use in small to standard size classrooms and hallways, but inadequate for large space areas such as the labs, auditorium, gym, cafeteria and entrances. You may think a 44″ wide printer would be ideal however the extra size is unnecessary and takes up a lot of space. The odd 44″ size does not conform to industry standards making the paper rolls hard to find on the competitive market and more costly.
The 36″ EDUCATOR Plus® provides a full range of standard and custom output sizes. This means you will receive the variety of sizes to mix and match to transform your classrooms and entire school into a visual learning and communication environment. Print 18″x24″ display posters for small rooms or inside bulletin boards, use standard 24″ x 36″ posters, charts and banners for regular classrooms and hallways and also use large 36″x 48″ posters and banners in larger math & science labs, media center, conference and meeting rooms, auditorium, cafeteria, gym, entrance lobby areas and more.
New Technology for Today’s Classrooms
Today’s classrooms are vastly different from classrooms of two decades ago. Unlike the traditional classroom that mainly used textbooks, chalkboards, paper and pencils – today’s integrated technology classrooms are exploding with electronic tools such as notebook computers, LCD projectors and interactive whiteboards for teaching and learning.
There are many choices in electronic technology; however an automated method to produce static visuals such as posters, charts & banners has been lacking in schools until now.
The EDUCATOR Plus® is a new educational tool designed with the versatility, ease of use and speed to meet the needs of teachers for making their own lessons visuals during busy days and tight schedules. Using customized visual aids made with the EDUCATOR Plus® can dramatically improve visual teaching and student learning.
By blending (static) posters and charts with day-to-day (projected) class lessons teachers can enhance their teaching effectiveness to help students learn more and improve test scores.
Using Static Visual aids such as posters, banners, wall charts, flip charts, maps, graphs, photos, illustrations, flash cards, cut outs, manipulative and other printed materials will help stimulate and reinforce learning.
Effective Visual Aids – Attract attention, engage student interest and motivate them to learn. Visuals help teachers teach by giving definite meaning to words visually.
Color and Quality Counts – High quality full color visuals get more attention and improve student attention spans and comprehension. Full color, high quality posters grab interest so students will read, retain and learn more.
Visual Aids Must be Personalized – Effective Visual aids are customized for the specific subject matter. Visuals should not contain too much detail and be neat and tidy, clear and concise having color impact to draw attention and highlight points.
Integrating Teaching Tools
Blend static visual aids with electronic projector and whiteboards lessons to create an enriched visual teaching and learning environment.
Using static visual aids such as posters, charts and banners to create seasonal and subject specific classroom themes will help set the stage. Using posters on easels to outline a lesson or set the agenda will help get initial focus & interest. Using customized wall charts, posters, cutouts, flash cards & manipulatives as teaching tools in conjunction with the LCD Projector or interactive white board projected lessons can help; convey a message quickly, reinforce and summarize key points, simplify a complex concept and engage students into interactive discussion.
Educators can keep static visuals posted as long as necessary to ensure students have enough time to study and learn more.
Other Core Classroom Visuals
Core classroom visuals include: common core learning standards charts, student expectations & classroom rules, mission statements & core beliefs. Posters that publicize important school communications, projects and events. Posters that motivate & build character, give advice, call out rules & consequences, recognize and reward achievement and create an enriched visual learning environment. All of these can be produced quickly, easily and cost effectively for all classrooms, everyday with an EDUCATOR Plus®.
Communicating Outside the Classroom
Throughout the hallways, entrance areas and lobbies. The media center, auditorium, gym and cafeteria. Student and teachers lounges, study halls and conference meeting rooms…
Now teachers, staff, volunteers and parent groups can maximize productivity with advanced visual communications. Use posters & banners to convey up to date administrative communications, promote daily school activities and special events, acknowledge high achievement students with recognition posters and awards, use banners to advertise sports events and social gathering. Parent groups (PTO,PTA) can make and use high quality full color posters and banners to promote fundraisers & sell custom posters at special events.
Maintenance Free, Economical Operations
The EDUCATOR Plus® system self cleans and sleeps when not being used to save time and money. It is self maintained and always available for use. The printer produces high quality, large color prints that will amaze everyone, yet has one of the lowest ink and media consumption ratings. You can print a 2’x3′ poster in under a minute for under $2, or a huge 3’x5′ poster in about three minutes for about $4. The 36″ wide paper rolls produce both standard 24″x36″ posters and large 36″ x 48″ sizes, this will also conserve paper and require fewer paper roll changes. The output will look like the same posters you pay $25-$50 for from a sign shop and wait days to receive.
Pricing and Funding Sources
EDUCATOR Plus® is the first All-In-One, high quality, low cost Visual System for schools. Competitive brands and other school poster printer packages fall short in quality, versatility, ease of use and speed, yet cost more. The EDUCATOR Plus® Printer package has national volume pricing intended to be affordable for all schools & educational institutions. Tonas Graphics supply kits are conveniently pre-packaged to include everything you need for full use, optimum results and best efficiency. Tonas Graphics everyday school discount pricing for premium Canon ink and media is 25%-50% lower than our competitors. Our popular school supply kits are offered in three sizes to meet every schools needs and budgets.
The three top funding sources that are used to purchase a new EDUCATOR Plus® Printer package and supplies are:
- Title 1 Programs – the EDUCATOR Plus® directly supports all of your Title 1 Programs. The system is a teaching tool having numerous academic impacts for improved visual learning. Our Title 1 Justification Sheet will describe the specific applications and benefits that make the EDUCATOR Plus® a Federal Programs qualified purchase.
- PTA/PTO – Parent groups- set their fundraising goals high to help fund their schools with needed products, tools and services. The EDUCATOR Plus® system is a very productive and essential investment. Because of the enormous academic benefits and overall visual communication improvements, parent groups commonly fund part, sometimes all of the EDUCATOR Plus® System cost. Parent groups can also benefit by having access to the EDUCATOR Plus®. It can be used to promote all of their fundraisers with high impact, photo quality posters and banners. The EDUCATOR Plus® often proves to be the best fund raiser machine when used to make and sell custom posters at sports or social events. Using a digital camera, pictures of individuals, couples or team posters can be produced and sold back to students, friends and parents. Since the EDUCATOR Plus® is economical to use, premium photo paper is used to make professional quality picture posters and then sold for $10-$20ea with total materials costing only $4 . Learn more about increasing fundraising profits with EDUCATOR Plus® from the Fundraising Ideas Sheet.
- General Budget – The immediate and long term benefits that the EDUCATOR Plus® brings to the challenges and goals of any school certainly deserves the investment. Often times Principals are running very tight budgets, therefore most EDUCATOR Plus® purchases are made from a “pooling “of funds from two or three of these sources.
By pooling fractional amounts across two or three funding sources the EDUCATOR Plus® is often being purchased quickly, within several weeks and even days. Other popular funding sources are: Construction Funds, Technology Funds, Vending Machine Funds, Donations, and more…
Top Five Reasons to Invest with Tonas Graphics
- Over 25 Years experience selling Poster Printers to schools – Since 1985 Tonas Graphics has been providing Educators with innovative Visual Products that help them to teach and communicate better. Tonas Graphics was one of the first dealers in the country to introduce poster printers to schools. Beginning in 1988 we were a top performing Education dealer of Varitronics Poster Printers (AKA) Variquest Poster Maker with over 3,000 units sold to schools in PA, OH and WV. Because of so many years experience in selling poster printers to schools, Tonas Graphics consultants are specialists in the many applications and benefits for schools. Since partnering with Canon in 2008 Tonas Graphics has utilized its expertise to develop the new generation EDUCATOR Plus® full color Large Format Printer for Schools. Tonas Graphics developed and includes a school specific integration package of software, preformatted templates, supply kits and a certified on-line training program and named it the EDUCATOR Plus®. Tonas Graphics proprietary school package is a registered trademark of Tonas Graphics and is currently bundled with the Canon iPF 760 large format inkjet printer for sales only to schools. EDUCATOR Plus® package is sold exclusively through Tonas Graphics consultants to schools nationwide via our innovative web based telesales program. This is a one of a kind sole source product of Tonas Graphics. Today having over 5,000 school customers nationwide we are proud of our position as a leader in the Education market. Tonas Graphics is committed to keeping a leadership position long into the future through continued honest and informative sales practices of high quality, value priced products with excellent training & customer service.
- Experts in Digital Large Format Technology – The early 1990s brought new breakthroughs in digital Ink jet large format printer technology. Tonas Graphics was one of the first pioneers to sell a graphic quality ink jet Large Format printer from Encad and partnering with TDI, a company that integrated the first Scan and Print large format printer. Remember, this was before HP , Epson or Canon competed in the large format printer business. Tonas Graphics sold only 16 units in the first year yet was awarded for being a top sales performing dealer! First of all, selling the first Varitronics Poster Printers to schools to the beginning of large format digital color technology in the 90’s, Tonas Graphics has always been on the forefront and pioneered the lead of cutting edge of large Format Printer technology. Today, a platinum Canon Education reseller, Tonas Graphics uses the best printer technology and continuously is advancing the EDUCATOR Plus® package content exclusively for Schools.
- Expert Applications Integrator – Another noteworthy piece of Tonas Graphics history is the major contract with the US Navy to develop, sell and support a printing solution to print color decals for marking equipment, aircrafts and ships.The decals needed to withstand severe hot and cold weather conditions and exposure to jet fuels and salt water. Tonas Graphics together with project managers at the Naval base in Lakehurst NJ.developed a sign maker system using Roland technology. The system would also address the goals and guidelines of a newly instituted Federal Air Pollution Prevention Program. The printing and use of decals replaced the previous spray painting method with full color graphics on adhesive backed decals. The new system greatly improved the quality of the graphics and dramatically reduced the man hours of using stencils to manually spray paint graphics. After extensive work the system was field tested by the Navy and Air force for a period of one year. Once approved by the Federal Government the product specifications were made into a bid package and sent out to potential suppliers nationwide. Tonas Graphics was ultimately found to be the only qualified and price competitive vendor and was awarded a multimillion dollar contract to supply equipment, supplies and training to the US Naval and Army depot sites across the country. A customized training manual was also created by Tonas Graphics to simplify the set up and learning for novice computer users. Tonas Graphics successfully performed its contract with the US Government to begin a new era of use of environmentally friendly technology to produce high quality, durable graphics, quickly, easily and economically.
- Dedicated to the Education Market – Tonas Graphics is dedicated to the EDUCATION market. The EDUCATOR Plus® is sold only to the EDUCATION Market. The EDUCATOR Plus® school tool is designed for use in all facets of education and can be found in Educational Institutions all over the country to include: Pre-schools, K-12 Schools, Charter Schools, Virtual Schools, Intermediate Units, Special Schools, Trade and Tech Schools, Colleges and Universities, Neglected and Delinquent institutions and Correctional Educational facilities. Tonas Graphics is a company comprised of long term professionals who aim to solve problems and achieve goals with Educators every day. Tonas Graphics is the developer and Sole Source Vendor of the flagship product EDUCATOR Plus®. The website is dedicated to the Education market and filled with school related resources for training and ongoing staff development. The EDUCATOR Plus® content and website resources are constantly being expanded and updated for new and existing customers to enjoy and learn more from. A training coach is assigned to each new customer to lead the personally guided training program and ensure full Implementation of the EDUCATOR Plus® in each customer’s school. Tonas Graphics considers itself a part of the Educational process and strives to inform all Educators of the many applications for using EDUCATOR Plus® Visuals in their day to day teaching practices and school communications.As a dedicated vendor to the Education market for nearly 30 years, Tonas Graphics understands the day to day challenges and goals in schools and can be of great support to you. That’s why when you invest in a EDUCATOR Plus® from Tonas Graphics you receive a lifetime membership to extensive website resources, updated school templates, unlimited phone support and free 24/7 access to online training . Schools can add (certified) users to the EDUCATOR Plus® as often as you like and a dedicated training coach will guide them through the poster making lessons and certify them with a recognition plaque upon their successful completion. This is our way of helping teachers teach better and students learn more and achieve higher test scores. Your school can now use high quality posters and banners everyday and transform it into an enriched visual learning and communications environment.
- Best School Pricing and Guaranteed Satisfaction – Tonas Graphics EDUCATOR Plus® package national school pricing includes the 36-Inch new Canon iPF780 Large Format Printer, Premium Poster Artist Software, 6 Pass Template Libraries containing 240 school templates and certified training for just a little more than what you would pay for a comparable printer without any added educational content or training. All schools can now afford to have the best Visual Learning &Communication System on the market for under $5,000. EDUCATOR Plus® directly supports your Title 1 programs and is commonly purchased with federal grants. In addition to its primary classroom visual learning applications It is also a great fundraising system and is often purchased for the school by parent groups, PTA/PTO Contributions. Tonas Graphics keeps the price affordable for all schools by selling via an innovative web based Telesales and Teletraining program. This has been a very effective approach with many years of experience and now over 5,000 satisfied school customers nationwide. In addition, Tonas Graphics does not package or recommend any additional equipment that is unnecessary and would add to the price. Tonas Graphics has everyday educational pricing on the EDUCATOR Plus® Printer Package that guarantees schools the lowest cost available on the market. Ink and Print media supplies are always fresh, in-stock and ready for same day shipment with the lowest school prices in the industry at an average of 25%-50% less than competitors. Tonas Graphics offers Net 30 billing terms to all schools with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your EDUCATOR Plus® in the initial weeks of ownership simply call for return and you will not have to pay the invoice.All of this with expert knowledgeable staff and good old fashion customer service, Tonas Graphics does not use voice mail so you are always assured a friendly and competent person to give you immediate assistance.
Choosing the Right Vendor
The Vendor you choose will have a big impact on your overall satisfaction for your new school Large Format Printer. There are many types of Large Format Printers that are designed for different applications and markets, very few are integrated for use in schools. There are vast differences in size, quality, ease of use, speed, price and supply costs. What good is a new Large Format Printer if it’s limited, complicated and not being used. Your current vendor may not be the right choice, you need to be sure the Large Format Printer is affordable new technology, designed for use in schools. Expect the vendor to include extensive school applications training with an ongoing staff development program.
Make sure the vendor is a qualified Educational Dealer that understands the needs and challenges of the Education Market. The vendor should be experienced with the new advanced breakthroughs in Large Format Imaging Technology. The printer should center around solutions and benefits for academic and school specific applications. The vendor must integrate printer, software content, supplies and training together to create a cost effective, versatile and simple to use visual system.
Beware of Unnecessary Add-Ons
Be aware of vendors that package and require you to purchase additional equipment with the printer such as a laptop computer and scanner. The package duplicates equipment you already have and use, this will always add more cost and limit the use of Large Format Printer. There are dozens of configurations that are being sold. For example, a vendor can sell you a 24″ Printer package with a Laptop computer and scanner. You will pay more for this package and get less. The 24″ wide format printer is too small to make posters large enough for class labs, an auditorium, gym, cafeteria, entrance lobbies and the new laptop excludes your own computer from being used. Without your computer connection you will not be able to perform direct printing of your own computer content & programs that you use such as Word, Print Artist, Publisher, etc. The use of this Printer package would be limited to scan and print design or use of the preformatted templates the vendor included.
Compare Printer Pricing
The biggest variables for pricing is the printer size, print quality and the added integration package. A low end 24″ wide format printer price will usually start at $3,500 and go up from there. A 36″ Large Format Printer can range anywhere from $4,000- $9,000. Be careful of the temptation to purchase a low end 24″ printer that is too small or a 36″ printer without a school integration package and training program. It is also important to know the printer manufacturer and model number so you can compare the specifications & prices of the same or similar printer models between vendors. You wouldn’t want to buy an entry level printer that consumes a lot of ink and pay the same or more as you would for an advanced printer that is of professional quality and has economical running costs. You don’t want to buy a school use poster printer from a vendor that charges high ink and media prices.
Check Costs for Ink and Media Consumables
Remember that the initial purchase price is only the beginning part of the total expense of a large format printer. Ink and Print Media will be an ongoing part of your maintenance cost for years to come. The prices vary dramatically between printer brands and the vendors who sell them. In general a 24″ wide format printer will use more ink than a 36″ large format printer for the same print job. 36″ large format printer technology conserves ink better than a 24″ printer that uses the similar technology of a desktop inkjet printer. Pricing for the same ink cartridges can vary 25%-50% depending on the vendor you buy from. Don’t be fooled into buying a printer that uses a lot of ink from a vendor that charges high ink prices. Why break your supply budget when you can have a high quality EDUCATOR Plus® Visual System from Tonas Graphics with economical running costs and the lowest ink prices on the market. The EDUCATOR Plus® is intended for everyday school use. Before you buy a large format printer, ask your vendor for the sizes and costs of their replacement ink cartridges and print media.
Pay attention to the details such as ink cartridge capacity and the width and length of media rolls so you can properly assess your running costs. For example, the new Variquest Perfecta 2400 Full Color Poster Design System is a 24″Printer that uses overpriced ink. The Perfecta uses a Black ink cartridge that contains 80 ml of ink and costs $79.95, it also uses three color ink cartridges Cyan, Magenta and Yellow cartridges that contain only 29ml of ink and cost $39.95 each. Compare this to the premium Canon ink cartridges from Tonas Graphics used in the EDUCATOR Plus® that contain 130ml of ink and cost only $69.00 ea. The Variquest Perfecta ink actually costs more than twice as much as the EDUCATOR Plus®, Canon ink. The equivalent cost of Perfecta color ink in a 29ml cartridge to fill an EDUCATOR Plus® color ink 130ml cartridge is $179.00 , that is $110.00 more per color cartridge for the same amount of ink. The ink cost for the Variquest Perfecta 2400 printer is very expensive when compared to the Canon ink cost for the EDUCATOR Plus®, additionally the small capacity ink cartridges used in the Perfecta printer will need to be purchased and replaced more often. It is important to evaluate the ink and media specifications and costs before you purchase a large format printer. It is also important to know the (OEM) Original Equipment Manufacturer of the Printer, the model# and part #s for the Ink cartridges and media so that you are able to compare vendor prices.
Online Dealers that sell Canon, HP and Epson Large Format Printers to the Technical and Business markets do not compete with the EDUCATOR Plus® designed for Schools.
Most Large Format Printer dealers sell to Technical Markets (Architects, Engineers and Contractors) or graphics markets.( Sign shops, Trade shows, Advertising & Photo Market)
Upon selling the printer they may deliver and set it up or simply deliver it without any further service. They do not have the added value Educational products or services that the EDUCATOR Plus® and Tonas Graphics include. If a printer is purchased from a technical or general market dealer the school will receive just a printer not an educational tool.
Questions to Ask a Online Large Format Printer Dealer
- What is the Printer Manufacturer and model# ? What is included in the price?
- Do you have a school integration package? What software & school specific templates does it include? What educational applications does it address?
- Does your website have resources with training tailored to the Education market?
- Describe your set up, training and ongoing staff development program for this printer.
- How will my teachers and staff learn how to use it?
- How many Ink cartridges does it take? How much ink is in each cartridge? Cartridge Prices?
- Can you give me some referrals for schools in my area?
Scan- to-Print Poster Makers
Some vendors are selling “scan to print” poster maker packages targeted to schools such as Variquest Perfecta 2400, Learn OnDemand Poster Maker, VariColor Poster Maker, PosterPro Poster Maker, ColorPro Poster Maker, Color Gem Poster Maker, School Poster Maker, are some of the trade names you may find. Scan to print systems do not compete with the EDUCATOR Plus®, these are the printer packages usually consist of a 24″ printer a laptop computer and scanner. The 24″ Printer will print posters to a maximum size of only 24″x36″ and the packaged computer and scanner excludes your computer and the ability to print directly from your own computer files and popular programs you use. The scan to printer package has two primary functions; scanning your 8.5×11 documents to 24″x36″ posters and using the pre-formatted templates included by the vendor to design and print your own posters.
EDUCATOR Plus® is a high quality, low cost Canon 36″full color large format printer that connects to your school PC or Mac computer to operate just like any desktop printer. The open structure coupled with Tonas Graphics product enhancements offers unsurpassed versatility in a school visual learning & communications system.
Questions to Ask a Scan to Print Poster Maker Dealer
- If not specified, first thing to find out is who is the original equipment manufacturer for the Printer? (Canon, Epson, HP) what is the model #? How long has the model been out?
- What is the size of the Printer? 24″, 36″ or 44″
- What is included in the package (If a computer or scanner is required) Why should I buy a computer and scanner when I already have my own to print from?
- Can I make HQ Full Color 24″ x 36″ posters, 36″x 48″ posters and 3′ x 10′ banners? Can I use my scanner or digital camera ? Can I print from the internet? Email, thumb drive, CD or directly from programs that I use such as Publisher, Print artist, Word, Excel PowerPoint?
- Can I print directly from my own Mac or PC Computer? (If not)- How can I print posters and banners from my existing lesson plans, bulletins or activity advertisements I created in publisher and have saved in my computer?
- How much is the printer package? What do you get?
- Do you include templates for cutouts, awards, stickers and signs for printing from the same machine?
- Do you use the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Inks and paper supplies?
- How many cartridges of Ink is required to fill it?
- How much ink is in each cartridge? How much does each ink cartridge cost?
- How many paper types are available in your school media supply kit?
- What does your training and ongoing staff development program include?
- What if I want to train several people a year on an ongoing basis, will you help, what is your staff development program consist of? Do you have website resources for existing school customer training and support?
The EDUCATOR Plus® award winning Canon iPF780 , 36″ Large Format Printer uses both 24″ and 36″ wide Paper for the full range of output sizes schools need. It allows you to print directly from your own computer programs and files as well as from the included Tonas Graphics PASS pre-designed school templates. You can also print directly from a scanner, digital camera, an email file, the internet, thumb drive, CD, DVD and programs such as Microsoft Word, Publisher, Print Artist, PowerPoint and more. The included Canon Poster Artist Software with Tonas Graphics PASS templates are arranged in six school specific core applications for producing full color posters, banners, flash cards, cutouts, awards, stickers, signs and more. The 36″ inch printer provides both 24″ and 36″ wide printing that is suitable for classroom, hallways and school wide visual communications. Schools have many critical communication areas where a 24″ printer poster size is inadequate. Some areas that require larger 36″x 48″posters and banners include: Math and Science Labs, Auditorium, Media Center, Cafeteria & Gymnasium. Large 3′ x 10′ banners are also needed for the Gym , Auditorium, Building Entrances and Main Lobby.
Outdated Poster Maker Technology
VariQuest Poster Maker – Be aware of overpriced, old technology School Poster Makers. The VariQuest Poster Maker 3600 is still being sold today. This is a monochrome, single color poster maker that uses the same thermal technology as its vintage Varitronics Poster Printers did in the 1990s . The poster maker produces low resolution posters one color at a time from expensive thermal paper rolls. The posters do not compare in quality to those produced by the EDUCATOR Plus® and cost more to produce. The printer can be purchased with a design center that is a touch screen computer sold separately. The VariQuest product line also includes an awards maker and cutout maker that are additional equipment purchases that have limited capabilities and produce only single color output. VariQuest products use old technology that is evident in the output quality. The suite of products is expensive to buy, all of the machines take up a lot of space, each piece must be learned and consume costly supplies.
EDUCATOR Plus® produces high quality, full color charts, posters, banners, cutouts, awards, flash cards, decals & stickers from a single printer for a fraction of the price. There is no additional equipment to purchase, learn how to use or maintain. Tonas Graphics certified training program guarantees your full system implementation. Free ongoing training and staff development is available 24/7 supported with lifetime phone support and personal coach available during normal working hours, Mon-Fri.
EDUCATOR Plus® from Tonas Graphics, Your Best Choice
The goal from the beginning is always to supply schools with cost effective visual products that offer immediate and long term benefits. The company mission is to provide customers with top quality products and services while performing beyond their expectations. Tonas Graphics maintains close working relationship with customers, there is no automated attendants or voice mail, you will always receive immediate assistance from a professional & friendly team member. Today with cutting edge technology the website is school specific and becoming an engaging learning center for long time customers as well as new prospects.
Tonas Graphics business is dedicated to the Education market; the deep understanding of your challenges and goals are incorporated into new product solutions and the approach in assisting you.
There are EDUCATOR Plus® systems being used in schools near you, just ask your Tonas Graphics representative for a school referral in your area.
Make the Right Choice with an EDUCATOR Plus® Visual System from Tonas Graphics; you’ll be glad you did.
Contact Tonas Graphics today for a free consultation, website tour and a personalized interactive product presentation. You’ll receive free poster samples custom made to use in your school and a quotation with the best sale price.
Call toll free 1-800-535-7553 or email Vic Tonas with your questions at [email protected]